Saturday, October 4, 2008

the Earth is supposed to be solid

The EARTH
is supposed to be solid
you know
terra firma.

But, I woke up this morning 
with red earth splashed on the side of my tent 
red like blood
after a battle
the wind and sea combined powers with Earth

I did see the vulnerability of the cliff's edge
and recognized the possibility of slipping spontaneously into the sea.
Merging
in an instant.

Why must I plant my home 
so close to the edge
in dangerous places?
Circle of protection.
Surround me.
I am awake to the dangers,
the power of an angry sea.
Tobacco and salt.

I breathe  and live in this place.

Remember giving birth to new life 
requires great energy and strength - 

to fully let go and allow the new birth.

Sarah Priestess
Iles-de-la-Madeleine/Magdalene Islands, Quebec
August 26, 2008

1 comment:

John Overton said...

This is so beautiful, Sarah!
love
John